Thursday, March 13, 2014

My new favorite!


To my thrifting and penny-pinching, friends!

I'm writing today to share with you the wonderful news that is Thred UP. If you haven't heard of it before, prepare to have your mind blown.

This blog is all about doing what you can with what you have--so in my mind, this applies to all things budget-minded and thrifty. Being a married, college-student puts me smack dab in the middle of that description. When things are tight, bills come first and clothes shopping is out of the question. At those times I just veer away from window shopping because I get inspired, then tempted. 

But may I present the resolution to that problem *hallelujah chorus*.

I love Goodwill and every other local thrift store within a 50 mile radius, but I must say that for clothes, I would pick thredUP any day.

But enough of the praises, I need to explain why it's so great so you join my choral.

ThredUP could be called an online, designer, thrift store. When I say designer, I mean they exclude brands like Faded Glory. They DO include everything from Old Navy to Banana Republic to Anna Fontaine (I'm not sure who that is, but she's expensive). They get clothes from consignment--people cleaning closets, and sell it for a very affordable price. I've found several cute shirts for $3.50.


What's more, they're really picky about what they take--so you can guarantee that the clothes are like new, if not, still possessing tags. And to top it all off, the shipping is darn cheap. Like $2.99 cheap (depending on the size of your order).

ThredUP is always updating their inventory, so there are always new pieces to be discovered. Once you make your own profile, you can save your preferred size, brands, and even the price range so you can always skip the nonsense and get to the good stuff.


Now that's great! Who wouldn't want to go to straight to this online, thrifting, treasure trove of heaven? Well, if you're like me on a tight budget...

and you need some spending money first...

1) You can go straight through my link http://www.thredup.com/r/Z5MIWJ and shop it up! In using my link, you'll get $10 to use on your first purchase--no minimum required. You can get a couple items for that $10--money stretches far there.

Now here is what's nifty...if you go through my link and spend your free money on me, then I get $10 of my own to spend, credited to my account. So imagine the possibilities if you were to share your link with your friends & family who spend their free money--crediting those $10 to your account? More free money. Everybody get's free money! And the beautiful thing is, it can only be spend on clothes!



 2) If you've run out of your free money and are waiting for more to come in, consider your closet another option. We've all heard about cleaning out the closet and simplifying. So order a clean-out bag from ThredUP and stuff all of those hardly worn, forgotten clothes that don't fit anymore or suit your style. Sell what you don't need to ThredUP, you can cash out or exchange for "new" old clothes.

You can check out your brand and type of clothing to see what they'll except and an average on what you'll be paid for that item here. It's not a guarantee that they'll except everything, but it's worth a shot. Plus, you can now send in your beloved but expired hand-bags for other incentives.

Trust me, I'm not one for "too-good-to-be-true schemes," receiving incessant e-mails from a store, or hounding people for money. I wouldn't lead you astray--this is worth your time! I think you'll fall in 
love as I have.

Now go spend that $10!

2 comments:

  1. And.......rumor has it that they are starting to offer free return shipping if there's something that doesn't work out. In my mind, that would absolutely be the clencher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just placed my order! Thanks buddy :)

    ReplyDelete