Tuesday, January 28, 2014

DIY: Paper Rose Wreaths


Like I've said before, printables can change your life. If you have a reliable printer and some skills with framing, you can decorate your home for nickels and dimes. A month or so ago, I discovered one of my new favorite sites, Elli, which is home to several printables that I have already taken advantage of.



The reason that I found the site in the first place was for a printable rose pattern that I snagged on Pinterest.With those paper roses I chose to make a few pretty wreaths to garnish our bare walls.

What I love about these flowers is that they are simple to make (once you get the knack for it, after about a flower or two), they look well-done and not cheesy, and they add an element of texture and "prettiness" to a place. Don't you just want to smile when you see it?


I will warn you, it wasn't a "5 minute project" or a "mindlessly watching a movie project." Your husband may not appreciate the somewhat monotonous sounds of curling paper, your fingers may get tired from tirelessly cutting the seemingly growing pile of paper petals, but I will say it will be worth it. The work is satisfying. 


Aside from endless cutting and curling, the project is pretty simple (I recommend turning on a chick flick and indulging with chocolate (or Doritos, if you're more of a salty person like me) while you craft.

The ingredients that you need for this DIY is: your printed petals, scissors, glue gun, and a wreath frame (I used a wire frame for my large white wreath and a Styrofoam disk for my smaller two). 


Call me lazy, but I decided not to make a DIY of my own since Elli does such a great job on their blog including the variety of printable petals. Below is the picture that I saw on Pinterest, and the larger wreath that I duplicated for my own door--paired with a yellow ribbon.

Click on the picture below to see Elli's DIY to make your own cute, flower wreath!

http://www.elli.com/blog/freebie-friday-paper-rose-wreath-template/







No comments:

Post a Comment