Wednesday, January 22, 2014

welcome.

Good afternoon and welcome to my renovated, and now public, blog!

As you will see there are several posts from this fall, featuring personal thoughts and projects. The look is a little different from your standard blog, so feel free to play around with things (aka. the drop down menu at the top allows you to look at the blog several different ways--trust me, it's fun!)

Things are still in the works--the geeky things like Pinterest Hover buttons and social media apps. Until then, you are more than welcome to take a peak at my past posts. Before you do that, I want to add that there are several plans in the works for this coming year!



First and foremost, I'm taking some liberty and adding a method to my madness, a theme, which will be a collaboration of: recipes, DIY's, & musings of a newlywed. I want to share things that inspire me and in turn, hopefully, inspire you.

A lot of what I've been learning lately is: 
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." 
spoken by Theodore Roosevelt.

Because it is all-encompassing, saying all that I could wish to say with one sentence, that is the theme for this particular blog.

Secondly, to pair with the theme, I'm implementing some structure in what I post about.
For instance, on Fridays you can expect to see "Pins of the Week." Being an avid pinner I stumble on quite a few pins that are worth sharing and I'll leave those with you for the weekend (starting this coming Friday).
Throughout the course of the week, I plan to post a smattering of recipes, DIYs, and maybe a personal thought or two.

But what I am most excited to share is a Monday series entitled: 
"DIY Wedding Planning: A Weekly Series Featuring One Bride's Findings About Nuptials."


Each Monday I'm choosing a topic that I found to be relevant in my time of wedding planning and share with you the advice that I learned in the process.

Even better, to offer you the most out of the series, I'm partnering with one of my good friends, Jacqueline over at Raindrops on Roses

We go way back to the college days (a couple years ago) where we immediately clicked over our love to create & inspire. She has a love for buttons, pink, and her husband, Wes. Together they currently live in the beautiful land of Utah (though I think they should move closer to the general area of friends).

She has a fantastic blog of her own (which you should go check out--after reading this post) where she features a plethora of DIY's.

The icing on the cake is that she also owns an Etsy shop where she sells hand-drawn greeting cards--and with Valentines Day soon approaching, you don't want to miss out on the opportunity to say "I love you" with one of her adorable cards!
(Together on her wedding day)
(Jacq on my wedding day)
We will be writing about the same topic on the same week (generally) that way you can see two ways of doing things. As our weddings though similar in budget and DIY projects, turned out to be different in personality...Jacqueline: pink & elegant...Cheryl: rustic & "casually-fun".

I don't want to bore you with all of the details--there must be some mystery and surprise, right? But for now, I hope that you enjoy my new blogging home and I look forward to sharing more with you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment