Thursday, January 23, 2014

"What About Second Breakfasts?"

If you're like me and you're constantly in between two or three things, especially in the middle of the day, you'll find that you can sometimes forget to eat. This is primarily out of the fact that food takes TIME, and time you do not have.

But today I want to introduce to the solution.

Smoothies.

I'm not talking about sugary, Orange Julius smoothie. Although that sounds pretty good. But based on a picture that I saw a few weeks ago, I was inspired to create this particular smoothie for lunch...or brunch.



Sure, it sounds nice in a cup, not blended, with a spoon. But have you ever considered that those ingredients are the same things that go in a smoothie?


Here's how I did it. Granted, I'm not one for measuring things most of the time and this recipe is flexible, so tweak it however you desire. 

The Yogurt Parfait Smoothie
Enough for two, 16oz mugs.

  • 1 - 1 1/2 cups yogurt (based on desired consistency)
  • 1/4 cup oats (you can add more, but know that it makes it thicker and crunchier)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh are preferred, but frozen will do)
  • 1/2 cup strawberries (for me this was 4 or 5)
  • A few ice cubes (You can always add more)
  • Honey to taste
Stick it in a blender, pour it in a mug and go, go, go!

1 comment:

  1. You're a genius! I have been making smoothies, but not getting very full. Adding oats is perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete