Thursday, January 30, 2014

Deeply Rooted Magazine.


http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/deeply-rooted-magazine

If you don't know what I'm talking about when I say, "Deeply Rooted Magazine," it's high time that you check out this link and familiarize yourself.



This project is all about producing a magazine specifically for Christian women. If you're like me, you haven't touched a Christian based magazine since your days in Brio as a pre-teen. Primarily because...there are none. And if there are, they tend to be cheesy or irrelevant, especially to young Moms and 20-somethings. Pardon my harsh tone, but it's unfortunately true.

That's why I perked up when I saw the link for this upcoming magazine, and upon reading the details...I'm devoted to making it happen. I don't necessarily have spare money to offer, but I can spread the word and so here we are.

First off, the magazine looks insanely like Kinfolk (one of my top 3 favorite magazines) because it has that same great photo quality and feel about it. Heavy paper and clean lines. Just one look at the cover, and you want to flip through the pages.

Secondly, each magazine is featuring 6 sections based on roles that women possess throughout life:
  • Christ-follower (Christian living and theology -- ultimately woven into all categories)
  • Help-mate (Marriage)
  • Mother (Parenting)
  • Creator (Artistry and DIY)
  • Keeper of the Home (Homemaking)
  • Individual (Hobbies, Career, Service, and Ministry)
 This excites me! Not only is it a Christian magazine with great pictures and Biblical theology woven into the topics, but they feature daily, practical things that we woman crave...even crafting! I'm hooked.

As I said before, you can check out ALL of the details by clicking on the picture above. 

They are currently standing on 20 days left to raise the money they need to publish this magazine. They are a purely non-profit organization, nothing goes to them--but if they don't receive the set amount of $11,200, they won't receive any funding and the magazine will be a no-go at that point. They're offering up great prizes for each level of donation including: wood burned signs, free magazines, and tote bags.

If you're sitting on a tight budget like me, share this post with your friends and help spread the word about this great, potential magazine. I don't know about you, but I want to be able to have my own copy someday.

Here is a sample of the magazine for you to download and peruse. I think you'll love it.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a post and share about Deeply Rooted! I truly appreciate it. :)

    Many blessings, Dianne Jago

    ReplyDelete