Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pins of the Week.

You may have thought that I eluded you this Friday (and in the midst of the craziness, I thought I might have to), but lo, and behold, a little chunk of time on Saturday night and I am making up for yesterday's missed post. So without further ado, here are my favorite Pins of the Week.


http://www.frenchpressmornings.com/p/encouraging-wednesdays.html
Printable

This particular printable has to be my absolute favorite. I am obsessed with this blog, French Press Mornings, and the stuff that she puts out. Each Wednesday, entitled, "Encouraging Wednesdays," she posts a new scripture printable, typically 4x6. Each one is uniquely different from the other, one more simplistic and another excessively artistic. I've already printed out each one available so far, and keep up every week. I use them in frames, particularly one large frame with no back, instead wire and clips to swap out new pieces, which hangs above my coffee bar. It's something to look forward to each week, and I love having a cute, artsy form of foundational truths hanging on my walls.






http://www.architectureartdesigns.com/30-easy-peasy-diy-valentines-day-crafts/ 

DIY 

With Valentines Day quickly approaching, I've been eying up some simple ideas to decorate our home. I've been very drawn to clean lines, white walls, black and gold accents, with pops of color. When I came across this Valentines DIY, I immediately thought that I would use this year round. So cute and easy! I believe that in this particular link, they painted the stripes on the canvas, then applied the buttons with hot glue. Although, it wouldn't hurt to make stripes of black duct tape--no messes there! 





http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/monkey-muffins/ 
Recipe

One of my favorite, weekend, breakfast recipes is the one and only, Pioneer Woman's Monkey Bread Muffins. In fact, I made them this morning and it was so easy and fun to make that my husband joined in the assembly. If you're a fan of monkey bread, you will love these mini nuggets of heavenly bliss!





Nifty

  This is pretty self-explanatory, but I had one of those moments when I saw this picture and slapped myself for not thinking of it. I've always been accustomed to pouring bacon grease into a mug, which in turn sits around for 1-2 weeks until I get around to warming it up and dumping it outside. So when I saw this picture, you can imagine my relief. Forming tin foil over a bowl, pouring the grease into the "foil bowl," then rolling up and throwing up once hardened--how easy is that?




Bonus

http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/easy-buffalo-chicken-dip-recipe/With the Superbowl tomorrow, the nation is in need of lots of dip. What better dip than a classic, Buffalo Chicken Dip? This is our personal favorite, it's requested every weekend for a movie night snack, and I'll be surprised if my children's second food after the bottle won't be this deliciously addicting dip! Only 5 ingredients, throw it in the crock pot, stir it around, and serve with chips!

Word on the ingredients, you can always use canned chicken (though rotisserie is best), I swear by Ranch rather than Blue Cheese dressing, I substitute Mozzarella for other cheese options, and there are no real measurements for this stuff--it's all in the tastebuds. It's really up to your preference, but I wanted you to know your options.

And I always double the recipe. Especially for the Superbowl.




No comments:

Post a Comment